Terms and conditions
Patrick Lawless Woodworking (PLW)
Terms and conditions as stated herein become a part of our quotation and will apply to the acceptance by PLW of your order. All terms and conditions expressly specified herein shall render null and void any conflicting terms and conditions in any and all other contracts relative to this proposal.
- 1.Quoted prices are valid for 30 days. Project scheduling will begin upon receipt of 50% deposit. No work will be scheduled prior to receipt of 50% deposit.
- 2. 30 Euro deposit paid for 2D, 3D drawings. This deposit is returned on final payment.20 Euro per hour is billed for additional drawings requested.
- 3. All shop drawings and product samples must be signed, dated and returned before Patrick Lawless Woodworking will proceed with the manufacture of any project. Any detail pertaining to cabinet construction and installation that is not specifically discussed and documented will be performed at the discretion of Patrick Lawless woodworking.
- 4. Patrick Lawless Woodworking finishes are among the most consistent available. Our multiple step technique combined with the careful selection of color matched woods and veneers ensure that the finished project will be as consistent as possible. However, since the properties of wood are not consistent themselves, we cannot ensure that each part of the project will look exactly alike, nor can we guarantee that the project will exactly match the initial sample. Therefore, Patrick Lawless Woodworking does allow for a range of color on its finished products. This acceptable color range may sometimes span several shades above or below the average shade for a stain/specie combination. Variations may also occur in hand applied paint finishes such as pickled, ragged, glazed, crackle, etc., these variations are normal. Clients are responsible for the choice of Paint colour not Patrick Lawless Woodworking
- 5. Correction of Work: After the contract is substantially completed, a representative from Patrick Lawless Woodworking and the customer/customer’s representative shall jointly inspect the work and a single list (punch list) shall be prepared identifying all work to be completed or corrected. There shall be only one such written list of work identified to be incomplete or incorrect, and the customer/customer’s representative shall sign the list. Patrick Lawless Woodworking shall then expeditiously complete all work stated on the punch list for which they are responsible in the terms of this Agreement. The customer/customer’s representative shall not contract with any alternative contractor for the performance or completion of work within the scope of the Agreement, nor shall the customer/customer’s representative claim a credit or back charge for the cost of completing an item stated on the written punch list, nor shall the customer/customer’s representative occupy or use the stated work until and unless Patrick Lawless Woodworking is first given reasonable notice and opportunity to correct the work stated on the punch list referred to above. If the customer/customer’s representative does contract with an alternate contractor to perform the punch list work or otherwise completes the project without first affording the above-described opportunity to Patrick Lawless Woodworking , or if the customer/customer’s representative commences to use or occupy the space or work in which Patrick Lawless Woodworking performed work, the customer then agrees to accept all work “as is” and thereby waives any claim against Patrick Lawless Woodworking under the terms of the Agreement, including warranty claims.
- 6. Warranty: It will be the responsibility of Patrick Lawless Woodworking to insure that all material, products and taxes relating to the customer’s project are paid and that there will be no potential lien claimants after the customer’s final payment has been made to Patrick Lawless Woodworking . All work shall be performed in a professionally reasonable manner and there will be no defects in workmanship, as defined by AWI. Materials or hardware used by Patrick Lawless Woodworking or its subcontractors shall be warranted only to the extent that the suppliers or manufacturers of those products provide a warranty. In the event that a defect is discovered in one of these products, Patrick Lawless Woodworking will assist the customer in securing a replacement or repairing the products for the duration of the product manufacturer’s warranty. Warranty on the workmanship and material shall be for a period of 12 months from the date of the contract; unless otherwise specified in the material or supplier’s warranty. Patrick Lawless Woodworking will perform all necessary labor to repair or replace all defective work at no cost to the customer, and will expeditiously act in good faith to secure replacement products or materials under warranty of products or services. Any claim or cause of action arising out of the terms of the contract or warranty must be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction within the period of the warranty previously stated. Any warranty work performed during the warranty period does not extend the warranty any further than was previously stated in terms of the time from the date of the contract. All aspects of this warranty are void if a person or company other than Patrick Lawless Woodworking performs or re-performs any work within the scope of the warranty. The following are excluded from warranty by Patrick Lawless Woodworking : a) Movement or misalignment of cabinets due to settling or movement of foundation floors, walls or ceilings. b) Damage to woodwork, finish, or any defect due to exposure to excessive moisture, heat, humidity, or cold. c) Wood movement, raising of grain, or any other problem or defect arising from exposure to moisture at the customer’s job site if cabinets or woodwork are delivered unfinished or unsealed. It is the responsibility of the general contractor or customer to insure that all products ordered from Patrick Lawless Woodworking comply with all local codes relating to other subcontractors whose work affects Patrick Lawless Woodworking products, i.e. (framing, plumbing, electrical). The warranty will not include any changes or alterations necessary to conform to such codes.
- 7. Patrick Lawless Woodworking is not responsible for any plumbing, electrical, flooring, painting, decoration or other construction work unless specifically stated in the design specifications and construction details that are part of this agreement. Patrick Lawless Woodworking will not be held liable for reasonable damage to paint, wall covering, floorcovering and ceiling materials associated with the installation of custom woodworking.
- 8. Storage and handling charges will be applied to any and all projects undeliverable for more than 30 days due to delays caused by the real property owner, architects, interior designers, contractors, service people, vendors or any other source not including subcontractors, vendors and suppliers hired or paid directly by Patrick Lawless Woodworking. Charges will apply to all projects at any point during the fabrication process beginning upon delivery of raw materials. Charges will apply until projects are delivered or fabrication has commenced, re- scheduling for delivery or fabrication will be dependent upon Patrick Lawless Woodworking’s workload at that time. Charges will be invoiced monthly and will be due prior to delivery or installation of any projects. Projects delivered to a site and not installed due to delays by others will be subject to full payment minus the cost of installation as determined by Patrick Lawless Woodworking at its sole discretion.
- 9. Patrick Lawless Woodworking does not guarantee any shipment or delivery date. Any time or date stated herein or otherwise identified by Patrick Lawless Woodworking or any of its agents or employees for shipment or delivery is intended as an estimate only. Accordingly, Patrick Lawless Woodworking shall not be liable for any damages of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of a delay in shipment or delivery.
- 10. Account balances not paid within 30 days of invoice date will be charged a finance charge of 10% per month or the maximum permitted by law and a 35 Euro late fee. All returned checks, for any reason, would incur a 50 Euro handling charge plus bank fees, per occasion. Projects with, for any reason, past due balances, partial payments, returned checks, etc. may be delivered and or installed on a pre- paid basis at the sole discretion of Patrick Lawless Woodworking. Any hold back or retainage shall be paid within five days of the completion of the original punchlist items. No claims will be accepted on accounts with unpaid balances.